Have you ever been bothered about creating a large number of extensions one by one, along with their settings and provisioning on the PBX system? Have you ever wondered if it is possible to effortlessly export and import all the extensions at once with a CSV file? Yeastar P-Series PBX System, S-Series VoIP PBX (on-premises) and Yeastar Cloud PBX allows you to easily achieve it and will help you save considerable time.
Yeastar P-Series PBX System, S-Series VoIP PBX, and Cloud PBX highly speed up the process of the extension configuration.
- Export all your existing extensions to CSV file in seconds
- Modify anything on each extension and re-import them
- Create any number of extensions in a short time
- Backup all extensions configuration regularly
- Click the “Export” button on the PBX Extension Setting page should allow you to download the CSV of all your current extensions.
- You can now open this file in a user-friendly CVS, like Microsoft Excel. All the detailed configuration information of each extension will be shown in the CVS file.
- You can import a new CSV file of extensions at any time. To do this, it is recommended to start with exporting at least one extension created on your PBX so you can see the proper CSV format.
- In the CSV file, you can edit the extension configuration, add new entries, and delete fields except for “type”, “username”, “registerpassword”, “loginpassword”. But if you don’t want to configure Registration Password and Login Password, the system will generate the passwords automatically. The last tip, don’t change the spelling of the name of the top row.
- Click “Import” button to import extensions by choosing a CSV file from your local computer. Then click “Import” button when done.
- If some extensions that you are importing already exist in the list, the old one will be automatically covered by the new one.
When importing, please note the maximum entries respectively for different models in one CVS file:
S20 PBX: 20 entries
S50 PBX: 50 entries
S100 PBX: 100 entries (basic configuration); 200 entries (when adding one DSP Module)
S300 PBX: 300 entries (basic configuration); 500 entries (when adding two DSP Module)
You might also be interested in:
More extension configuration knowledge for S-Series VoIP PBX can be learned by the video blog: S-Series VoIP PBX Basic Configurations – Session 2 Extension Settings & Features
You can also find more Yeastar PBX Configuration Video Tutorial on our Youtube Channel here. Or you can explore yourself on our intuitive online Demo for S-Series VoIP PBX.
Yeastar S-Series VoIP PBX demo: http://demo.yeastar.com:8092/
You can also schedule a P-Series PBX System demo here.